COMMUNITY ACTION DULUTH
Career and Financial Coach, Financial Opportunity Center
The career/employment coach will provide families with 1:1 coaching job readiness and financial stability, complete reporting and funding requirements, and conduct community outreach and financial/agency workshops.
Our processes are customer-driven and tailored to each individual or family. This self-motivated position requires the ability to be adaptable, solution-oriented, and engaging. A strong understanding of cultural competence and the challenges of poverty is key.
Required qualifications for the Career and Financial Coach include:
· Bachelor’s degree from a four year accredited institution
· Previous work experience in the employment services sector
· Strong understanding of personal finances, especially budgeting, asset building, and credit building
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Previous work experience with people with low-incomes
· Ability to provide services in a culturally competent manner
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Preferred qualifications for the Career and Financial Coach include:
· Previous work experience in the financial sector such as banking, lending, insurance, or investments
· Extensive knowledge of Duluth’s community resources and supports
Application period closes October 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM.
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Insert “Career and Financial Coach” in the subject line. Please indicate how you heard about the position.
Applications are also accepted by mail and in-person.
2424 West Fifth St, Ste 102
Duluth, MN 55806